Founder of FullmyBijin Academy Inc.
Born in Asakusa, Japan, Mai Sakurakawa has been on the path of Japanese dance since the age of 4 and is the founder and CEO of FullmyBijin Academy Inc. Her credits include:
- At the age of 15, she acquired the Fujima style master qualification.
- She has appeared in many dance performances including the National Theater and Kabukiza Theater.
- Under Tsuruga Wakasanojo (living national treasure), she studied Shinnai Joruri and Shamisen (representative cultures of Edo), performing numerous concerts and recitals.
- Performed at Carnegie Hall in New York in 1998.
- In addition to contributing to cultural exchanges with Italy, the United States and Vienna, Austria, she contributed to activities to spread Japanese culture to the world, such as performances in China and welcomed performances by the President of Tanzania.
- Having many years of experience in mastering Japanese dance, she is currently committed to teaching women how to become individuals of the utmost elegance and grace, globally.
- In 2022 established FullmyBijin Academy Inc.